Monday, January 16, 2012 at 6:25PM
- Have 7-25 grams of protein at each meal
- Avoid eating carbs without protein. The protein will balance out the sugars / carbs and prevent belly fat from forming.
- How much protein should you eat? The old trick is to take your weight and divide it by 2. If you weigh 140lbs, you should be eating around 70 grams per day. For those with a goal of gaining muscle, this number will be higher.
- Don’t forget the Weight Training. Weight lifting has the ability to level out blood sugar. The extra sugars and carbohydrates floating around in your blood get sucked up into the muscle for fuel.
- Don’t Snack Late At Night - eating at night lowers your HGH (human growth hormone). This is the “youth homrone” that is responsible for rebuilding muscle and giving you a youthful look.